Assignment and prolongation of the refugee status in Kazakhstan
Free of charge
90 calendar days
When considering the applications of persons for whom there are requests for extradition, as well as when identifying complex factual or legal issues in particularly "sensitive" cases, when additional verification is required to make a decision, the final decision is deferred for a period of no more than one year.
How to get the service in a governmental agency (required documents):
- Petition for assignment (extension) of refugee status.
- Documents identifying or confirming the personal identity of an asylum seeker.
- Documents and materials, confirming the justification of petition (upon availability).
Result of the service delivery
1) Granting refugee status and issuing a refugee certificate.
2) Extension of refugee status.
3) a Reasoned refusal response.