Republican Olympiads and competitions for schoolchildren
The Republican Olympiad of schoolchildren is one of the effective forms of revealing and developing gifted children of the republic, increasing students' interest in scientific knowledge. Republican Olympiads are held annually.
Republican Olympiad in general subjects
The goals and objectives of the Olympiad are:
- development of creative abilities;
- deepening of theoretical knowledge and practical skills;
- promoting personal self-realization;
- creation of conditions for the identification of gifted children;
- selection and preparation of students for participation in international olympiads;
- increase the prestige of education in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The Olympiad is held throughout the academic year in four stages by the relevant educational authorities in accordance with the programs of secondary and general secondary education, for each subject and class:
- the first stage - in educational organizations, the time of its conduct - no later than November of the current academic year on assignments prepared by the relevant educational authorities;
- the second stage – district (city), conducted by district and city education authorities;
- the third stage - regional, is conducted by oblast, Nur-Sultan and Almaty city education departments, republican educational organizations and autonomous educational organizations "Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools";
- the fourth stage - republican, is conducted in the subjects of the natural-mathematical direction and in the subjects of the social and humanitarian direction in different regions of the republic.
On the first and second stages of the Olympiad take part students of educational organizations in secondary and general secondary education.
Students of non-Kazakh nationality take part in the "Kazakh language" subject in schools with the Russian language of instruction.
On the third stage of the Olympiad, students of general secondary education participate in the top three participants selected after the second stage, for Nur-Sultan and Almaty cities, for NIS and REO - six participants. Participants with the appropriate level of knowledge are allowed to participate in the Olympiad in the programs of the senior classes.
At the fourth stage of the Olympiad, the winners of the third stage (in accordance with the results, no more than two participants in each subject and class) take part students of grades 9-11 in natural-mathematical subjects and students of grades 10-11 in subjects of social and humanitarian direction, and participants of training camps of the Olympic reserve.
Prizewinners of school, district and regional (city) Olympiads are awarded with diplomas, diplomas and prizes of local representative and executive bodies in the field of education. The number of winners in the fourth stage of the Olympiad is 45 percent of the total number of participants in the fourth stage of the Olympiad for each subject and class.
Winners of each stage of the Olympiad are awarded with diplomas of I, II and III degrees. The number of diplomas I, II and III degrees at the national stage of the Olympiad is determined on the basis of the following proportion: 50% of the winners are awarded with diplomas of the third degree, 30% with diplomas of the second degree, 20% with diplomas of the 1st degree.
The number of winners is increased by the decision of the jury in the event that several participants scored the same number of points, corresponding to the lowest level necessary to determine the prize places.
President's Olympiad in the subjects of the natural-mathematical cycle
The main objectives and tasks of the President's Olympiad are:
- creation of optimal conditions for the identification of gifted students in mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology among students of secondary education, their further intellectual development and vocational guidance;
- increasing the interest of students in studying subjects of the natural-mathematical direction, deepening theoretical knowledge and skills;
- assistance to self-realization and self-development of the person.
The President's Olympiad is held annually in three stages:
- the first stage - the regional one - before November 1;
- the second stage - qualifying, is conducted in 2 rounds:
- 1 round - remote - until November 15;
- 2nd round - creative, essay writing (no more than 1 page, 45 minutes) on the day of the remote tour;
- The third (final) stage – the republican (in the first decade of December).
Each participant of the President's Olympiad at all stages performs assignments in four subjects: in mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology .
In the President's Olympiad students of the 11th form of the educational organizations of the republic take part, who earlier did not take part in the republican and international subject Olympiads. At the qualifying stage each region, Nur-Sultan and Almaty, NIS represent the teams in accordance with the results of the regional stage of the President's Olympiad consisting of 20 people (5 participants per subject), REO - no more than 2 participants for each subject.
Based on the results of the 2 rounds of the qualifying stage, the republican organizing committee (hereinafter referred to as the organizing committee) approves the lists of participants of the republican stage of the President's Olympiad.
All participants of the republican stage are awarded certificates of the participant of the President's Olympiad in the form attached to this order.
Winners and prize-winners of the President's Olympiad in each subject are awarded diplomas of the Ministry. The number of winners is 25% of the total number of participants. The number of diplomas I, II and III degrees at the final stage of the Olympiad is determined on the basis of the following proportion: 50% of the winners are awarded with diplomas of the third degree, 30% with diplomas of the second degree, 20% with diplomas of the 1st degree.
Diplomas for winners are written out according to one subject (in accordance with the largest number of points scored for a particular subject).
The objectives and tasks of the Scientific Competitions are:
- stimulation of research and educational activities of students;
- selection and support of the most talented and gifted young researchers;
- assistance in the formation of the intellectual potential of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Selection stages of the Scientific Competitions are held in accordance with the requirements of the International Rules (Intel ISEF) - the Committee for Scientific Review (hereinafter - PRC). PRC - is a group of qualified persons responsible for assessing the compliance of scientific works, certificates, research plans and exhibits with rules, laws and regulations at each stage of the Scientific Competitions.
At all stages of the Scientific Competitions, plagiarism, falsification, use or presentation of works previously submitted in other competitions as their own is inadmissible.
On Scientific competitions submitted work:
- the events, phenomena and individual, previously unknown parties in this field of science;
- representing the design of apparatuses, models and instruments that introduce new solutions to practical problems, contributing to the improvement of school experiments, the rationalization of production processes;
- computer models and projects with economic and legal justification aimed at solving social and economic problems.
Scientific works are not allowed for scientific competitions :
- with the use of equipment, access to which is not allowed for minors, where there are experiments with cruel treatment of animals and in which harmful substances (toxic, radioactive, unexplained biologically active compounds with carcinogenic and mutagenic actions, substances pathogenic or conditionally pathogenic for humans and animals, micREOrganisms, viruses, alcohol, tobacco);
- previously presented at the national competitions.
Requirements for design of research work:
- The text of the work should be printed on the computer and contain:
- title page;
- table of contents;
- abstract (annotation) in Kazakh or Russian (depending on the language in which the research paper was written), and in English;
- research part;
- list of used literature;
- The title page shall contain:
- full name of the organization where the work was done, city, school;
- surname, name of the author (co-author), class;
- job title;
- the direction in which the work is prepared, section;
- surname, name, patronymic of the head;
- city (where the competition is held), year;
- Abstract (abstract) (no more than 250 words) should reflect the summary of the work, including:
- purpose of the study;
- stages, procedure of research;
- experimental procedure;
- the novelty of the study and the degree of independence;
- results of work and conclusions;
- the field of practical use of results;
- In the introduction (no more than 2 pages) are given: the relevance of the chosen research topic, the goal (task) of this work; briefly indicate the methods for solving the task;
- The research part of the work (no more than 20 pages) should consist of separate chapters (paragraphs) and contain:
- analytical review of known results on the chosen topic, allowing to see the necessity of carrying out this work and formulate its goal (task);
- the description of methods for solving the task;
- the results of the work and their discussion;
- illustrative material (drawings, graphics, photographs, drawings);
- References to the literature should be given in square brackets. Numbering should be consistent, as links appear in the text;
- The conclusion (no more than 1 page) contains the main results of the work and the conclusions drawn on their basis, recommendations on the use of the results of the work for scientific and practical purposes;
- The literature used is given at the end of the work by a general list in the following order:
- surname and initials of the author;
- the title of the article and the journal (for journal articles);
- magazine title, books
- Place of publication and publishing (for books);
- year of publication, issue number, page;
- Each work should be accompanied by a review of the leader, which reflects the relevance of the chosen topic, the author's personal contribution to the work, shortcomings in work and recommendations for the further use of the results;
- By the fourth stage, it is recommended to prepare a demonstration material (for the report) for placement on a stand not larger than 135x125 square centimeters.
Scientific competitions are held in four stages :
- the first stage - school, district is held in educational organizations that implement secondary education curricula;
- The second stage – regional (competitions of educational organizations of Nur-Sultan and Almaty cities, Republican educational organizations (hereinafter - REO), Autonomous Educational Organization "Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools" (hereinafter referred to as "NIS") are equal in status to regional competitions). This stage – carried out in two rounds:
- the first round - the protection of projects;
- the second round - testing the program of in-depth study of the profiling subject to the class, language of instruction in accordance with the list of subjects for which republican contests of scientific projects in general subjects are held. Tests compiled by the methodical council include 60 questions (120 points), for which 2 astronomical hours are assigned. Participants must score at least 50% of the total points for testing. For team work, the passing score is the arithmetic mean of the points scored by the authors of the work;
- the third stage - qualification, preliminary examination of projects on the social and humanitarian direction is carried out by the regional educational organizations, in the natural-mathematical direction the RNPTS "Daryn" is held;
- the fourth (final) stage - the republican stage - the protection of projects.
At the first stage , students of grades 9-11 take part, on the presentation of scientific societies of students or a scientific leader.
Research work is performed by no more than two students.
The second stage involves the winners of the first stage, who present works with a review of the supervisor and accompanying documents (application, school report, research journals).
When summarizing the results of the third stage, the scores for testing and the scores obtained during project protection are summarized. Applicants for participation in the final stage of the Scientific Competitions are the winners of the regional, Nur-Sultan and Almaty cities, REO, NIS, which received the most points on the results of the third stage of the Scientific Competitions (no more than two projects in each direction).
The list of participants of the fourth stage – approved by the Vice-Minister of Education and Science of the RK and brought to the attention of the provincial cities, Nur-Sultan, Almaty, Education Directorates and the REO, NIS within three working days after approval. The fourth stage – the protection of research work and the presentation of poster material. During the protection of the work, the author (co-author) of the work is given 10-15 minutes for the report.
Winners of the regional stage of the Scientific Competitions are awarded with diplomas of I, II and III degrees.
The number of winners at the national stage – 45 percent of the total number of participants in the national stage of the Scientific Competitions.
The winners of the national stage of the Scientific Competitions are awarded with diplomas of I, II and III degrees. The number of diplomas I, II and III degree is determined on the basis of the following proportion: 50% of the number of winners are awarded with diplomas of the third degree, 30% with diplomas of the second degree, 20% with diplomas of the 1st degree.
Last update: 07.09.2021