Benefits and allowances for large families
The status of a large family and a mother with many children
In Kazakhstan, a large family is considered a family in which four or more minor children or full-time students who live together until they reach the age of 23 years.Mothers of many children who have given birth and raised 6 children are awarded the "Kumis alka" pendant, and those who have given birth and raised 7 or more children are awarded the "Altyn alka" pendant.
Allowance for large families
Allowance for families with four or more minor children or full-time students of the age under 23 years is allocated regardless of the family income earned in the amount of:
- for four children - 16.03 MCI or 46 760 tenge;
- for five children - 20.04 MCI or 58 457 tenge;
- for six children - 24.05 MCI or 70,154 tenge;
- for seven children - 28.06 MCI or 81 852 tenge;
- for eight and more children - 28.06 MCI or 81 852 tenge plus 4 MCI for each subsequent child after the seventh.
You can apply for this benefit through online service.
Allowance for mothers with many children awarded with "Altyn alka", "Kumis alka" pendants and other orders
Women who have been awarded the "Altyn alka", "Kumis alka" pendants or who have previously received the title "Mother Heroine", awarded the orders of "Maternal Glory" of the first and second degrees are paid monthly with a state allowance in the amount of 6.4 MCI.
To receive this allowance, you must contact the NJSC "State Corporation" Government for Citizens "with the following documents:
- identity document - for identification;
- a document confirming the reward or receipt of the title of a mother with many children, awarded with a pendant "Altyn alka", "Kumis alka" or previously received the title "Mother Heroine", awarded with the orders of "Maternal Glory" I and II degrees.
- for residents of the city of Baikonyr - a certificate from the housing sector citizen registration department of the city of Baikonyr.
The service provision term is 7 working days.
The public service provision term is extended in cases of the need to complete the case materials as necessary - for a period of up to 30 days, while, if the documents are completed, the public service is rendered 7 working days from the date of submission of additional documents to the State Corporation.
Other benefits for large families
Mothers with many children who have been awarded the pendants "Altyn alka", "Kumis alka" or who have previously received the title "Mother Heroine", as well as awarded the orders of "Maternal Glory" of the first and second degrees, large families have the primary right to receive a dwelling from the state housing fund or dwelling rented by a local executive body in a private housing fund.
Mothers with many children who were awarded the "Altyn alka" and "Kumis alka" pendants are also exempt from paying a number of taxes and state duties:
- vehicle tax (applied for just one vehicle);
- tax on land plots where the housing locates, including buildings and structures attached to it;
- tax on adjoining land plots;
- natural person property tax (within 1000 times the MCI);
- state fees when performing notarial acts;
- state fees for the performance of legally significant actions by an authorized state body in the field of intellectual property.
At the same time, in accordance with paragraph 3 of Article 11 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On pension provision in the Republic of Kazakhstan", women who gave birth (adopted a boy, adopted a girl) to the 5 or more children and raised them up to eight years of age are entitled to pension payments by age upon reaching 53 years old.
Last update: 15.09.2021