Address social assistance
State targeted social assistance is a payment in cash provided by the state to individuals with monthly average per capita income below the poverty line established in regions, cities of republican significance, the capital, in the form of unconditional and conditional cash assistance.
Unconditional monetary assistance is provided:
1) Single and/or lonely low-income people with limited opportunities to participate in employment promotion measures in connection with:
- achievement of retirement age;
- disability of the first or second group;
- the presence of a disease in which the term of temporary incapacity for work can be established for more than two months.
2) Low-income families in which there are no able-bodied persons or the only able-bodied member cares for:
- a child under the age of three;
- a disabled child;
- a disabled of first or second group;
- the elderly;
- needing outside care and help.
Conditional cash assistance is rendered to lonely and/or lonely for poor working-age individuals (families), as well as for low-income families with an able-bodied member/members, including individuals who are payers of a single aggregate payment in accordance with article 774 of the Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On taxes and other obligatory payments to the budget", provided that he/they participate/s in employment promotion measures and/or if necessary social adaptation, not including the persons (families) mentioned above.
Who is assigned targeted social assistance?
Targeted social assistance in the RK can be obtained by categories of persons with an average per capita income not exceeding the poverty line:
- citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- persons without citizenship permanently residing in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The poverty line is the boundary of the income necessary to meet the minimum needs of one person, which is established as a criterion for determining the size of targeted social assistance.
Who can not get social assistance?
According to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On State Social Targeted Assistance" the following have no right to get social targeted assistance:
- persons (families) who are not low-income;
- families whose able-bodied member has refused to participate in measures to promote employment - within 6 months from the date of refusal to participate in measures to promote employment;
- person (family) in cases of termination of a previously concluded social contract and (or) non-fulfillment of obligations stipulated by the social contract through the fault of the recipient - within 6 months preceding the application for the appointment of targeted social assistance;
- persons (families) who have submitted deliberately false information and (or) inaccurate documents for the appointment of targeted social assistance - within 6 months from the date of their submission;
- persons (families) who, according to the conclusion of the precinct commission, prepared based on the results of a survey of their financial situation, do not need to provide targeted social assistance.
The amount of targeted social assistance
According to the Law "On State Targeted Social Assistance", the size of targeted social assistance for a person or a family is calculated by the authorized body in the form of a difference between the per capita income and the poverty line established in regions per family member. In the event of a change in family composition and income, the amount of targeted social assistance is recalculated. The applicant must also report on the circumstances that may serve as the basis for changing the size of targeted social assistance to the authorized body within 10 working days.
How is the per capita income calculated?
Determination of the aggregate income of a person applying for targeted social assistance is made on the basis of documents submitted when applying for targeted social assistance and information obtained from information systems of state bodies.
The aggregate income of the family includes all types of income, except for housing and targeted social assistance, as well as measures of state support in the framework of participation in active measures to promote employment received in cash or in kind within a specified period of time. Akimats, taking into account the peculiarities of the regions, have the right to determine the following as not giving income: livestock, poultry, land plot.
The average per capita income is calculated by dividing the total income received in the quarter preceding the quarter for applying for targeted social assistance to the number of family members and for three months.
Last update: 30.11.2021