How to act during ice crust
Due to precipitation and frost, ice forms. As a result, the risk of road accidents and street injuries increases: bruises, dislocations and fractures.
If you hear an icy or icy message in the weather forecast, take measures to reduce the likelihood of injury.
In this article we will tell you what to do in case of icy conditions.
Ice is a layer of dense ice formed on the surface of the earth, sidewalks, the roadway and on objects (trees, wires, etc.). Usually ice is observed at air temperatures from 0 C to minus 3 C. The crust of frozen ice can reach several centimeters.
Ice is a thin layer of ice on the surface of the earth that forms after a thaw or rain as a result of a cold snap, as well as freezing of wet snow and raindrops.
What to do in case of ice
- Dress for the weather, flat or low wide heels. Prepare low-slip shoes, attach metal heels or foam rubber to the heels, and stick adhesive plaster or adhesive tape on the dry sole, you can rub the soles with sand (sandpaper).
- Walk carefully, without rushing, stepping on the entire sole. In this case, the legs should be slightly relaxed, hands free.
- Elderly people are advised to use a rubber-tipped cane or a special stick with pointed spikes.
- Choose the right route: less ice and less snow (a small layer of snow on the ice is very dangerous).
- Avoid ice-covered areas. If not possible, walk in small steps without lifting your feet off the ground.
- When driving, do not rush (for example, catch up with the departing bus).
- Moving close to the walls of buildings is dangerous, as if you fall, you can hit the wall. Snow and ice from roofs also tend to fall off the walls of buildings.
- When crossing the road on a pedestrian crossing, be careful and careful, make sure that the vehicles have stopped, and only then cross the road.
- If you slip, try to keep your balance by balancing your arms. To avoid serious injury, you need to learn to group when you fall, squat down to lower the height of the fall. Tighten your neck muscles to avoid hitting your head on the ground.
- Ice is often accompanied by icing. In this case, pay special attention to the wires of power lines, contact networks of electric transport. Do not approach broken wires and swaying objects (trees). If you see broken wires, inform the administration of the village about the place of the break.
How to deal with injury
Go to a trauma center or emergency room.
Fill out a certificate of temporary incapacity for work or a certificate of injury, which can be used by you when applying to the court at your place of residence or at the place of injury with a claim for damages.
Last update: 13.05.2021